4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HELP !!! 1996 x90 check engine light won't come on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalelia1

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 14:36    Post subject: HELP !!! 1996 x90 check engine light won't come on Reply with quote

I just bought an x90 on E-bay. Looks and runs great! The previous owner had the catalytic converter removed, (which he didn't say in the E-bay ad ) Anyway, to pass emissions, I had to have a new one put on. I am also required to have the CHECK ENGINE light operating properly. The light doesn't come on at all when I turn on the ignition. I suspect that when the original owner had the converter removed, he had to disable the light as well. I've tried to contact him to possibly find out what he might have done, but no response yet.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 14:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

deathbus

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay is renowned for dodgy tactics.

id suspect that the previous owner removed the bulb from the instrument cluster to hide another problem.

sorry to be a downer, but, im speaking from personal experience.
dalelia1

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 14:33    Post subject: x90 Reply with quote

I pulled the instrument cluster out, the bulbs are there and they check good. During my search on the internet I have learned that there is a switch under the dashboard that will reset the light, but I'll be diooed if I can find it. Any clues???
deathbus

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, sorry bud.

im a noob to these zukis Embarassed
ctrosser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:35    Post subject: x90 Same problem - Any Solution Reply with quote

Purchased an x-90 last year and they passed the smog test (probably fudged it) to sell it.  Now I'm required to smog it again this year and to pass emissions I need to replace the O2 sensor (which I figured out) and the Check Engine light isn't working properly.  The light doesn't come on at all when I turn on the ignition.  I have removed the dash board, but can't figure out how to get to the light and can't locate a reset button.  Any suggestions?

Dalelia1, did you ever find a solution?  I'm at my wits end.
denbo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any RESET SWITCH. Work from the beginning, get the codes read before you waste any money. Take out the gauges and look where the bulb is. Has it been removed, has it been taped over or even hidden behind some silicon? If that's ok check the wiring to the ecu. A good mechanic should have it nailed in an hour.
denbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: