2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

North Wales Police ..... A Warning !!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cool Breeze

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:39    Post subject: North Wales Police ..... A Warning !! Reply with quote

As a truck driver, the company I work for has a policy that ALL drivers wear their seat belts .... fair enough.

I wear mine all the time, also in my job I work as a HGV Assessor for new drivers, they spend their first 2 days in the job working with me getting to know 'the ropes' and I can assess them so I have to set a good example with things such as seat belt wearing etc

About 3 weeks or so ago I was making a delivery to a firm in Queensferry, North Wales

About a 1000 yds from the entrance gate was a small white van parked up at the side of the road, I instantly recognised as the dreaded 'camera van'  Rolling Eyes

I completed my delivery and upon leaving the site I passed through the security barrier and turned left on to the road

I remembered where the camera van was and I put down the signed paperworked and turned to put on my seat belt

I watched my speed as I passed the van and carried on with the days deliveries, not thinking anymore about it

One week later, I was kindly informed by the North Wales Police that I was to be prosecuted for not wearing my belt  Shocked  

I phoned them to say I put it on literally seconds from pulling away from the company gates, but they said I entered onto a public highway without it on !

A tad harsh methinks, so now I put it on BEFORE I start the engine

Anyway, do not expect any forgiveness from the North Wales Police Taliban, an expensive lesson learnt ( £60 fine ) so you have been warned folks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

ypure lucky you didnt get the 3 points they could have attached...

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Cool Breeze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failure to wear seat belts is non- endorsable ( I checked ) but can carry a fine of up to £500  Shocked

They usually send a fixed penalty notice of £60

Anyways, lesson learnt  Confused
zocko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

but they can attach a "driving without due care" if you mention you forgot to put it on Sad

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> In the news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: