2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

rear spoiler bulb replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richwicks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 19:09    Post subject: rear spoiler bulb replacement Reply with quote

vitara 4u2, can anyone help please. got brake light in spoiler how do i remove too change bulbs
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 19:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jayballuk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a large flat head screw driver behind it in the corners and prise it out
zocko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

or a hammer  Laughing

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
MikeFrinton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:50    Post subject: Stop Light on Spoiler Vitara 4u2 1999. Repair solution. Reply with quote

My local garage helpfully did their best to obtain a replacement high level brake light unit equivalent to the original one fitted to our Vitara 4u2 1999 spoiler (marked RINDER S3 E9 024001). The garage gave up after being told (by Susuki?) that the stop light unit is no longer manufactured. After removing two fixing screws, I gently prised out the old unit from the spoiler (made from rather surprisingly flimsy material!) and first checked that 12v power was getting through (along red/black twin cable which runs from a cluster of connections behind the offside main rear-light unit). I had read a post where someone went to the trouble of replacing all the original LED's only to subsequently discover that faulty wiring connection was the real problem! I purchased two Xenon White 30cm 18 SMD 12v flexible LED strips  from www.partsulike.co.uk (at a cost of £5.99 for two, including VAT and postage) and stuffed one inside the original red casing. Incidentally, I needed to gently clean up my the old red plastic to remove what looked like some old clear adhesive along the long edges. The new LED strip was simply trimmed to length with scissors and. at just the right 15mm width to replace the old rigid circuit boad, it seems to provide an ideal refurbishment solution. I hope this suggestion may help other Vitara 4u2 owners with the same problem. It is good to know it is working again. Regards, Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: