2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Clutch needs changing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Gearbox / Transmission Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bricky2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 22:35    Post subject: Clutch needs changing Reply with quote

i have a 93 swb vit and have trashed the clutch,can some one giv me a quick rundown on how to change it.is it easy to do?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 22:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BearMatthews

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightttt....

1. Remove the rear prop.

2. Remove the gear knob (unscrews). remove gaiter, remove center console and remove the second gaiters.. The sticks are locked into the gearbox and a 'push twist' movent gets the collars out and therefore the sticks... its fiddly and you have no room but it is possible.

3. Remove the gear stick and drive selector sticks.

4. Remove the 4 or 5 nuts and bolts securing the engine to the gearbox..

5. I think there are some electrical connector going to the gearbox so disconnect them.

6. Disconnect the clutch cable.

7. Put a jack, support stands, blocks of wood, anything under the gearbox to support it.... (dont want it to squish you!)

8. Remove the 4 bolts that secure the gearbox to the chassis, here i removed the whole 'sling' under the gearbox.

9. Now slide the gearbox back and out....

10. Replace yer clutch..

'Refitting is the reverse of assembly'

I think i got it all and i am sorry if i have leaft anything out but it has been a long time since i did mine...

Although my best advice is get a Haynes manual! Got me out of many a stickly situation and are an absolute gold mine of helpful info! Pricey but worth it!

Cheers, Christian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Gearbox / Transmission Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: