Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Brake hose prices?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Brake hose prices? Reply with quote

Does this sound like a fair price for a set of 3 flexi brake hoses? Parasource 4x4

I've got really bad pulling to one side when I brake. The caliper definitely isn't seized and the pads look ok, so I'm thinking the hose my have collapsed and need to replace them.
The standard hoses seem to be about £10 each, so I'm considering swapping for these ones as there's not a lot in the price.

----------------------------------------------------------
My neighbors don't like my mud splattered Suzuki. Do I look bothered?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be worth a shot

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

zocko wrote:
might be worth a shot

I was hoping the bearings were the problem to be honest mate, but there you go. After changing the bearings the car drives lovely, steering not so vague, no vibration and considerably less noise, and then you touch the brakes  Shocked  
Not a nice experience at all. Bloody car veers all over the place.
As you come to a stop, if you let go of the wheel, it spins to the right. It almost goes all the way to full lock by itself  Shocked  Shocked

I've given the caliper a good looking at, and all seems well (the piston pushes in and comes back out when the brake pedal is pressed), so it can only be the brake hose I think.

I found these on ebay brake hoses. But figure at £10 each it comes to £30 for all 3, for another few quid I could have a set of braided, extended ones.

----------------------------------------------------------
My neighbors don't like my mud splattered Suzuki. Do I look bothered?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: