4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Stuck in 2nd after shifter bushing & screw replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai Gearbox / Transmission Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T_Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 18:36    Post subject: Stuck in 2nd after shifter bushing & screw replacement Reply with quote

My 'Zuki shifter was always pretty sloppy, but it went completely disconnected in a parking lot last week.  It was in 2nd gear at the time.  I *think* I was able to hunt around with the lever and get it into neutral and then back into 2nd, but decided to leave it in 2nd and try to get home.  It worked fine, and I did make it to my house.

Ordered the shifter fix kit (bushing and locator screw), installed it, and thought I would be good.  But..., now the shifter is still stuck in 2nd gear.

I know for sure that the broken end of the original screw is not in the transmission, but there could possibly be remnants of the old bushing - I only got some small mushy pieces out with the lever on disassembly.  I did pull out the 4 12mm bolts and took off the shifter housing, but saw no debris in the shift rod area.

Could be an installation issue - since I didn't have any diagrams to follow, but it seemed pretty straight-forward.  The other possibility is that the transmission is in fact locked in 2nd, and that's what helped the shifter break...

Any thoughts or suggestions other than paying a transmission guy?

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 18:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai Gearbox / Transmission Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: