All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

no compresion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Jimny cooling & heating Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snappy111

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 19:41    Post subject: no compresion Reply with quote

hi there 1st time here and as per norm i need help ..well not me but my jimny....
here goes... t reg jimny 4x4 1.3sohc 16v auto.just put a new head gasket on after a over heaing problem,and water being thown out of the rad.
had the head skimmed and pressure teasted came back ok and block is fine,bulit it back up and now it wont start and compresions are way down.have both fuel and spark but it just wont fire.pretty sure cam is on ok and timed right..........................

so any ideas boy Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 19:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you check the rings while you had the head off?

also, have you checked the valve seats etc?

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
snappy111

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 14:42    Post subject: compression Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad yeh there fine the car was running b4 i did the headgasket just kept overheating.aND THE COMPRESSIONS were ok yhen ,thats y i cant get my hed round it, thought that i might have had the cam on 180 out but tried both ways,
247sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the problem here would  most likely have been was the hudralic tappers have dumped their oil out while the head has been off, skimmed and rebuilt. (a type of hudralic ing ) basically when the cam has turned and pressed down on the hudralic bucket there has been no oil in the bucket present to push open and also close the valves, causing valves to remain slightly open, causing low compression.  It will give a incorrect timing like symptom it will.  To cure it you have to basically keep cranking it until the oil pressure in the buckets build up, when it fires up it will misfire and sound rough but it will sort itself out in a few minute when the oil pressure in the hudralic buckets builds up.  If there is not enough charge in the battery to keep turning it over, get someone to gently tow you round the block with it in 2nd gear and the ignition on, will do the same thing.

Its probably sorted now due to the time on the last post but thought I would add to te trend to help anyone else out in the future.

Steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Jimny cooling & heating Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: