4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

slippery knob.oooo errrr!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizzardt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 14:39    Post subject: slippery knob.oooo errrr!!! Reply with quote

Hi boys !!! i have a real problem with my 4 wheel toy , i have a realy loose gearknob . i can select 2nd , 4th and reverse with a bit of difficulty , and first , but the gearleaver is very sloppy like a thing up a shirtsleve ! Razz . i have taken the leaver out and theres a ball at the bottom of it . but the hole it goes into is too big for the ball (as if there should be socket for the ball to sit in  to make it a snug fit) . also the spring that is clamped below the gearshift control case cover is flat a chewed up .My question is , are there parts available to fix this ? . and am i right in thinking that the ball at the bottom of the leaver should go into tight socket ? . I can get 3rd and 5th if i stick a rod down the hole and manoover the rod into position . any answers would be of a very helpful nature .  Very Happy  Very Happy    
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 14:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lizzardt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 16:06    Post subject: Re: slippery knob.oooo errrr!!! Reply with quote

lizzardt wrote:
Hi boys !!! i have a real problem with my 4 wheel toy , i have a realy loose gearknob . i can select 2nd , 4th and reverse with a bit of difficulty , and first , but the gearleaver is very sloppy like a thing up a shirtsleve ! Razz . i have taken the leaver out and theres a ball at the bottom of it . but the hole it goes into is too big for the ball (as if there should be socket for the ball to sit in  to make it a snug fit) . also the spring that is clamped below the gearshift control case cover is flat a chewed up .My question is , are there parts available to fix this ? . and am i right in thinking that the ball at the bottom of the leaver should go into tight socket ? . I can get 3rd and 5th if i stick a rod down the hole and manoover the rod into position . any answers would be of a very helpful nature .  Very Happy  Very Happy  .just to let you know its a vitara jlxq 1990.  
deathbus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

which particular 4 wheel toy are we talking about?

sj, vit, gv?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: