All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HELP Please Pressurissed cooling system / Head gasket ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawkeye3guns

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 23:47    Post subject: HELP Please Pressurissed cooling system / Head gasket ? Reply with quote

Hi my son resently purchased a 1998 suzuki vitara 1.6 16v JLX soft top.  The car had a fulll engine rebuild at 87,456 miles with receipt to prove it.  When we brought the car it had done 98,785 miles and the present owner had just had the head gasket replaced due to overheating.  We have now done only 310 miles since purchase in about 4 weeks and my son has just called me out to him at the side of the road with a blown water pipe from the EGR valve and no coolant left in the system.  We have replaced the pipe and refilled the system but just during warm up the radiator has pressurised and there is a white cream in the top of the oil filler cap. This leads me to think the head gasket has gone again.  Is this a common fault on these engines or have we got a more serious fault.
Any help would be appreciated as the car is great otherwise.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 23:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

if youre gonna take the head off, its worth getting it pressure tested and skimmed. itll cost about £110-14- to have them both done but itll save you a major headache later

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
hawkeye3guns

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took head off this morning and found a crack in the block between 3 & 4 cylinder.  The crack only appearsto be in the block the liners seam okay but you can see a mark on the head gasket in the same place so I can only assume this is where the pressure came from.  Basicaly decided to write this engine off and have bought a second hand from dismantelers with 46,600 miles and a 3 month warrenty.  Once we get sorted I'll put the good spares up for sale  Thanks for your advise.
zocko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me know what you want for the old head, i might be interested if i can figure out a conversion

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
hawkeye3guns

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi If you can give me a couple of days to get the replacement engine in and running. I,ll Know where I stand If you want to give us a call at the weekend and we can talk. Tel no 07939815063 (Denzil)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: