4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The wifes show car in progress

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike GT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what i did to my engine with £200 and 2 weekends cleaning

before

and after

Not what would call finished yet as i'm searching for an alloy race radiator and a few other bits, but you get the idea of what i'm up to  Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you remove the inlet manifold and hit it with a sander you can polish it so it looks like it has been chromed Cool  takes quite a while to do but is well worth it Very Happy
Mike GT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to do something with it at the end of july when i have 3 weeks off work and won't be using the car that much.
Mike GT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appologies guys, i moved all the vitara build photos into a project folder on photobucket and didnt realise they would be wiped from here. I will re-load them up at some point....

There is no official update on the vitara except its now SORN awaiting a fancy new paint job using house of colour paint and airbrushing, then followed by some new rims, exhaust and new seating, in time for next years shows... as always ill keep ya posted
Mike GT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project Zook is on the move at last. Just back from paint shop where we have chosen the final colour + something a bit special. Interior is all in planning also Smile. We have hit a stumbling block and i need some advice / help.

If you check back and look at the photo's from page 1 you will notice that the vitara has 100+ alloys fitted, now the missus is trying to decide on wether to keep these and have them refurbed or buy a brand new set and a different style.

My question is : The centre hub caps are badly damaged and could do with being replaced for new ones but i dont seem to able to locate any! Is there any member on here who would know where i could buy some new ones from.
Any help is really appreciated.

Mike
mhudson30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the work ure doing , good job !!
Mike GT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

lOOKS LIKE PROJECT ZOOK HAS CRASHED.

The wife has decided that she wants to sell the zook, and her megane and have just one car for both work and shows. She has finally learned that owning 3 cars is expensive on fuel,tax,mot's etc etc..

I am just putting it through its MOT now!! It needs a couple of bits, silly little things really. But 12 months MOT as of next week. 6 months road tax by end of march.

Question:

Is it worth us trying to sell this as a full car? What are they worth ? Or shall i break it for parts, then scrap the chassis ?

It runs and drives fine, just the exterior bodywork lets its down on the front wings...........could really do with repainting the whole car.
Mike GT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, all MOT'd now & road tax next weekend. Unfortunaly she is still selling it, but now she want to go green laning just the once before she says goodbye to it Sad she loves the jeep but its just not practical for her anymore.

Anyone know any sites i can use to find local off road centres ?
me and the wife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think parkwood 4x4 is up your way Very Happy
Mike GT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the vitara is now officially  UP FOR SALE and we would like to sell it asap as it is now un-insured. Comes with mot until march 2012 and tax until the end of september.

It has 76k miles, as project thread, it has a new roof, new interior carpet, new JVC head unit, gear knob, gear gaitor, standard steering wheel is now refitted, power steering conversion, interior plastics recovered in white leather, serviced a couple of months ago with new HT leads fitted, new inlet maifold gasket also fitted. 100+ alloys, side steps, bull bar, spot lamps.

Bad bits:
Needs paint work looking at in some arears, ie front drivers wing drivers would be better replaced due to rust, drivers rear quarter and arch ( laquer peel ).
Power steering belt needs tightening up.

Generally in good nick for its age, but this was always bought as a project car so its not perfect, but would make an ideal project or break it for spares.

Looking for £400, just see it go as it is now not insured.
Mike GT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vitara is now sold..............

I would just like to thank everyone on this forum for their help and guidance since we bought the vitara and for your advice and knowledge given with certain aspects.

Im sure if we ever own another vitara or other 4 x 4 suzuki of any kind that i will be straight back here  Smile

Good luck to all with their own project builds etc & bye for now.

Mike
2old2tired2scared
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta rrah then.
Stay between the hedges til we see u again Very Happy
zocko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck and youre welcome with anything, we all know youre a zook man at heart now Wink

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: