4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

CD player & bass box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harris-Dobson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 14:28    Post subject: CD player & bass box Reply with quote

My wife bought me a new CD player to replace the current broken one in the Vit, and also bought me a bass-box to go in the back. I managed to get the old CD player out after a good 25 min struggle (not sure how they rammed it in, but it was very unwilling to come out).

Anywho, the wiring on the new CD player is differently colour-coded to my Vit's electrics Confused so I cant just follow the instructions to install. I'm guessing this is due to the fact the vit is 16yrs old, the cd player is 16 days old lol. Anybody have any advise or fancy a trip to help me out? bacon butties and tea a-plenty Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 14:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

seeyoujimny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bloke, dont worry so much about the colour of the wires, if there is a plug on the car harness, and not just soldered wires, you can buy a conversion plug, pretty cheap, from the place you got the new stereo, if theres no plug and its been butchered, youll need to find the power(12 volt) supply wire, and earth, and control wire, the speaker wires youll just need to test, process of ellimination, just get the neg and pos the right way round, the stereo maunual will tell you, on the car harness, the wires with the black stripe are usually negative, good luck!
Harris-Dobson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will have a little look see, if I still cant get my head around it, I'll get my brother and stepdad involved when I take it up to Sheffield lol
golgarth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bass box will need an amp wiring kit to make it work (assuming you have an amp to run it as it won't run from the headunit)

The kit comes with an amp cable, inline fuse, remote cable and RCA leads. You need to run the RCA leads up one side of the car and the power up the other side (stops interferance)
Harris-Dobson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tip mate Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: