2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Whats the furthest you have been in your Suzuki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 19:34    Post subject: Whats the furthest you have been in your Suzuki Reply with quote

As we all know our cars aren't the best on long road trips Confused I am taking mine deep into the Highlands of Scotland at the end of the week a round trip of about 500+ miles  Shocked
Whilst checking mine over and topping up various fluids etc  today ready for the trip, it occurred to me ask how far you guys go either on road or off road?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 19:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Harris-Dobson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

offroad - not attempted yet

onroad - industrial estates

got my next driving test next monday, and all being well when I pass I'll be taking it up to sheffield to see my mum and then into derbyshire (buxton) to see my dad, all onroad, but will be my first big trip as a legal driver, so it'll be around 300+ round trip
golgarth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of hundred miles I suppose. I do intergalactic mileage at work, so long journeys are something I don't even notice anymore. All I know is I prefer a long trip in the GV than doing it in my Vectra, get there quicker in the Vectra though.
proudy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done about 425 miles one night, Newcastle to Leicester then across country & back north
Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 21:51    Post subject: Whats the furthest you've been in your Suzuki? Reply with quote

Our Suzi gets to Samos (Greece) every year, about 1500 miles over four days.  We have done it twice, there and back, fully loaded with kitchens, toilets etc.  Due to start out again in the next month, the longest stretch is on the way back we usually do about  550 miles through the Frejus tunnel to Paris.  As long as we keep her around 60 mph, she's not too bad and the LWB allows us to carry a lot more than the standard Sammy.  I'm looking to change the motor though and am looking at either the 8v 1.6 or a low mileage Jimny 1300, both should give us that little bit of extra poke on the hills!
jayballuk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine were during the ash cloud rubbish. went from kettering to dover and back again. didnt turn the engine off once there or back and did about 70 (as thats the speed limit mr police officer  Very Happy ) and it didnt miss a beat and only cost 50 quid in fuel. then took it the very next day for a trip round the local waste ground for a good 4 hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: