2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Jimny heater problem, very low heat, HELP RQD ..LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Jimny cooling & heating Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik4su

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:54    Post subject: Jimny heater problem, very low heat, HELP RQD ..LOL Reply with quote

Hi, my partners car a suzuki jimny, x reg, low milage, soft top, automatic, 1.4. has a very poor heater especially with the cold spell we are having at the moment.  I have drained the system, had radflush in it for 24 hours, drained and flushed out, replaced thermo stat, refilled with antifreeze/water etc The heat o/p is now even worse as this new stat runs cooler than the old one.  water getting through the heater matrix ok and water pipes/hoses to and from heater get hot. Heat can be felt near the heater matrix and all controls appear to be working fine but heat to any point, widscreen, vents etc is very low and can be barely felt on the hand.  Is this normal for these cars or is there a soloution to this problem?  Any help would be appreciated, thx Rik
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 0:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

247sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate, I've only just joined this site, peoples replies seem somewhat poor tbh.

The heater in my Jimny is awesome, to the point where after a while I have to turn it down !

If what you are saying is correct and all what you say is true and correct, I suggest you pressure test your radiator cap, it sounds a classic for the fault you have.  I have done plenty of nissans and subarus with te same fault symptom, all ok but no/ poor heat.  What happens is the cap fails and leaks pressure (not coolant). The heater requires pressure as well as circulation in order for it to work.  If no pressure is present then there will be little if no heat!

Like I said it probably sorted now but thought I'd add this just invade you haven't sorted it and for the benefit of others, after all that's what a forum depend on to work propaty an be good.

Atb

Steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Jimny cooling & heating Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: