All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

F++king carbs....................

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
little sammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
Ive just had the adapter plate for the su carb beefed up with a 10mm bottom plate so its extra strong and wont bend again!!

I reckon the su will go back on next week Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

And its on,job done,ready for the mud Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 16:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay nice one............ Very Happy
little sammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:
yay nice one............ Very Happy

cheers,i had to strip the float chamber and put it all back together properly as the "mechanic" next door *beep* it up by removing a screw and the float fell out thus creating an excess of fuel that came out of a breather,i stripped it,not knowing what i was doing then immediately saw what was wrong,put it back together proper like and now i have 2 breathers and NO fuel return issues!!

Found out the hard way but its all a learning curve Very Happy
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... i didnt think they had a return. yours is the same as mine Very Happy.
little sammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:

They dont,but if the float is not on the pin (attached to bleed screw on side of carb)then it falls to the bottom thus the spring thingy that gets pushed up with the float and blocks any fuel getting out of it does not get pushed up and fuel escapes out of the left hand breather pipe.
I thought this was fuel return and thats where the issues started with me trying to pipe it back to the tank.

It will still run fine like that but you will need to direct the excess fuel somewhere!!!!!!!!!!

But im glad i had the nads to strip it this morning just to see what was what,ive learnt a thing or 3 today Very Happy
little sammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:

And what sort of air filter have you got on yours???
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to fabricate an adaptor to allow me to fit a snorkle Very Happy
little sammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:

Groovy,ive got the original filter housing box off of a maestro but it hits the bonnet so i may have to ditch it as its already got a hole in it for the dashpot to stick through!!!
little sammy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:

Well heres what im doing,one of http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390148229965&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and some of http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Eberspacher-Webasto-Hot-Air-Ducting-75mm-3_W0QQitemZ120514546033QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM?hash=item1c0f3a0971

with a few jubilee clips Twisted Evil
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Sammy would you say it was definitely worth the effort swapping to the SU?

My carb's knackered and I'm trawling eBay for one at the moment, but you know what it's like, I might spend my money buying it and then wish I hadn't and end up spending more money on a replacement original.

Alan
little sammy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
Little Sammy would you say it was definitely worth the effort swapping to the SU?

My carb's knackered and I'm trawling eBay for one at the moment, but you know what it's like, I might spend my money buying it and then wish I hadn't and end up spending more money on a replacement original.

Alan

Hi Alan,i most definately would mate,i mean im no mechanic so it was all learn as you go style but there is most definately an improvement in the way the sj runs.

Sounds better,responds better and best of all it doesnt keep cutting out Very Happy

They say the hif44 is the one to have but i had about 4 before i eventually got the hif44 and although they probably would have all worked there was something on all of them that i didnt get on with in terms of ease of fitting ,but thats because i never did my homework as usual and learned the hard way .

Bit of a mission fitting all the air filter set up from the carb into the snorkle but i got there in the end.

If you go the su way give me a shout as ive got a few various airboxes and filter elbows hanging around if you get in the brown stuff!!!

But now ive fitted the su without a shred of knowledge i reckon if your even a little bit conversant with a spanner then its a peice of cake.
cheers

Liam
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
ideal_dog wrote:

Alan

Hi Alan,i most definately would mate,i mean im no mechanic so it was all learn as you go style but there is most definately an improvement in the way the sj runs.

Sounds better,responds better and best of all it doesnt keep cutting out Very Happy

They say the hif44 is the one to have but i had about 4 before i eventually got the hif44 and although they probably would have all worked there was something on all of them that i didnt get on with in terms of ease of fitting ,but thats because i never did my homework as usual and learned the hard way .

Bit of a mission fitting all the air filter set up from the carb into the snorkle but i got there in the end.

If you go the su way give me a shout as ive got a few various airboxes and filter elbows hanging around if you get in the brown stuff!!!

But now ive fitted the su without a shred of knowledge i reckon if your even a little bit conversant with a spanner then its a peice of cake.
cheers

Liam

Thanks for the info Liam.

I think I will get myself an SU, I'm sick of tinkering around with the poxy standard carb and seeing no real improvement.
I will give you a shout as soon as I got one so we can talk about these air boxes and bits, thanks  Smile

One more quick question, did you have to re-jet or do anything else to the SU other than sorting out the air filter and manifold unions?

Alan
little sammy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
little sammy wrote:
ideal_dog wrote:

Alan

cheers

Liam

Thanks for the info Liam.

I think I will get myself an SU, I'm sick of tinkering around with the poxy standard carb and seeing no real improvement.
I will give you a shout as soon as I got one so we can talk about these air boxes and bits, thanks  Smile

One more quick question, did you have to re-jet or do anything else to the SU other than sorting out the air filter and manifold unions?

Alan

I didnt as mine came from a 1300 mini engine but you may need to unless you know it came from a 1300 engine!

Only other thing you will need to do is buy a manual choke cable set up,less than a tenner from flea bay,form or buy a bracket for the acelerator cable unless the carb has one with it(mine didnt)and possibly change your accelerator cable as mine wasnt long enough but i got a couple of bike brake cables and cut one to suit the length and hey presto,jobs a good un!!

But all that aside its an easy job, i just made it look hard !!!!
little sammy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh you will need a manifold adapter,easily got from flea bay for less than 50 sheckles so that your su can bolt onto it and marry up with the manifold!!

I had mine beefed up so its about 10mm thick now as i bent it when i didnt get the fueling sorted so it wont ever bend again!!!

You dont need to have it made thicker,i just did as once bitten and all that!!

cheers

liam
little sammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo mr dog,check this bad boy out................http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SU-carburettor-suzuki-sj-samurai_W0QQitemZ170463528112QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27b06b04b0

got all the whistles and bells on it,half the works been done for ya!!!

Its got the accelrator cable bracket on it,the exhaust manifold adapter and on the air filter side its been piped up too!!!

cheers

liam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: