4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

OVER FUELING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BJWAKER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 23:01    Post subject: OVER FUELING Reply with quote

Can anyone HELP PLEASE , I have a 2000 w VITARA 1.6 8v single point injection that just poors fuel in , emmissions for MOT off the scale , I thought it may be electronic so took to my dealer who said ` plugs, cap + leads required ( HA HA ) all systems supposedly fine when diagnostic carried out ! I have since cheked sensors etc to the best of my ability with ohm meter and readings from manual .
I have also fitted a fuel pressure regulator with gauge incase that was the fault but to no avail .
With no mot my ride is useless and I am very frustrated .

Any suggestions ?????
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 23:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried cleaning the injector?

look under the air inlet pipe into the manifold and youll see what looks like a carb, in the middle of this is the injector.

you can get an aerosol carb cleaner from any motor factors, just spray a little of that around the injector when it isnt running and let it evaporate.

you can also do this around the air flow sensor if you have one??? this might be the cause.

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
BJWAKER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ill give that a try at the weekend and get back to you .
B.
Lip_ripper00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

"normally" when it over fueling with a TBFI the computer is being told it's cold. I would look again at the temp sensors their are 2 and see what happens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: