2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My Suzuki gets a re-vamp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 15:48    Post subject: My Suzuki gets a re-vamp. Reply with quote

Well my little Vit is going in for its MOT, Cam belt, new tyres  Cool  and an exhaust tomorrow, so I spent the last two weekends tiding it it up an giving it a bit of a different look, I bought it cheap two years ago and in all honesty its not cost me anything other than a service that I did myself. This last month it has had a new battery, windscreen and what's listed above to be done.
So I thought I would treat it to a new look. I have painted the underside with smootrite gloss black, rubbed down and sprayed the wheels, sprayed the grille, stuck a new screen sticker on, given it a bloody good clean inside and out fixed anything that wasn't working, cleaned and serviced the locking hubs and done a cheap trick with some foam gym mat's to put a new floor covering in the back.

The truck used to look like this.

It now looks like this.

The new gym flooring load area.

There's still a few bits to do when the weather warms up a bit of rust on the front of the wings wants some attention and I need to order some black roof bar pads to complete the look. I will take it out next weekend and get some vids of it getting muddy.  Very Happy

Last edited by Retro on Thu Feb 10, 2011 16:19; edited 6 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 15:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Harris-Dobson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work, i like the gym floor in the back Very Happy

when i get round to it (no emergency) I might have a go at re-doing the carpet etc, the current one has seen better days, anybody who happened to fancy lending a hand would be welcomed with bacon butties and tea-a-plenty Wink as i say though, no rush to do it just yet!
wizzyloz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a go at recarpeting my old vit. It started well till i got to the rear seats then got stuck lol. For a first attempt is werent that bad  Laughing
Harris-Dobson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my current carpet is ok in the footwells etc, but in the middle, front and back its been cut and really shoddily put back together (in the back there are literally just to squares of carpet sat ontop of the frame.. not even stuck down Razz
Retro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a bit more since the pics the other week, sprayed the door tops black and got some black bodyglove roof par pads. I am quite impressed with how it's looking now, going to loose red North Face sitckers from under the indicator's and canoe stig sticker from the bonnet edges.
marky0283

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you've done with it, looking good. Any pics of the recent changes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: