4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1989 Suzuki Samurai 4x4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Trouble-shooting & other Suzuki queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miguele26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 19:43    Post subject: 1989 Suzuki Samurai 4x4 Reply with quote

Due to the year of the vehicle I believe this thing is a classic now.  Does anyone know if I will be able to process this out of Italy and into United States in 2 years?  Looking to build it up and take it back with me to US.  Thanks and look forward to knowing of.  

Mike

Currently residing Italy, and will be leaving in 2 years so wanted to know if I can bring it back.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 19:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

check with us customs and im assuming youre in the military so speak to them too

you might be able to

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
miguele26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I guess thats my best bet, given the year and prob passed around I do not even know if I could obtain a title either.  I know there is a cut off year I think in states that will make it a classic which should allow me to bring in without title and also cheap insurance but I will contact them.  Thanks.
miguele26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to look at this vehicle and determine if it is US specs?  I'm being told it is, understand Suzuki is not a american made car perhaps but some of course were sold in US.  Anyway of knowing or what to look for on this rig to see.  ???
deathbus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

ar far as i know, they are known by the same name in america as they are in europe. i belive the samurai was more successful in america though, due to the sj being deemed UNSAFE!  Shocked  of course itll fall over if you swerve it around at speed.

also, i belive they were manufactured by general motors in the u.s.
miguele26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, well do you know of any way to look at the body or VIN to verifiy the US specs or is there really no differance.  Basicaly being told it does have US specs on it which makes it easier to buy parts and also ship back to US.
deathbus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the driverside footwell, next to the door, under the speaker, there should be a v.i.n plate. also, on the chassis,in front of the wheel, near the end, should be the chassis code. youll want to be sure those both match up before you do any work regarding fixing the engine, as i doubt theyll let you import bits of two cars bolted together
miguele26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay very clear on code near speaker inside car, but is the cassis code in the front of vehicle or rear, understand before the tire but also driver side or passanger side?
zocko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the right side of the chassis and in front of the front wheel.

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Trouble-shooting & other Suzuki queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: