Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Single point injection problem HELP!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 20:32    Post subject: Single point injection problem HELP!! Reply with quote

Hi I have a vitara 1.6 8 valve with single point injection, the car was running fine and just stopped one day, and hasn't run since. I have had the ecu checked and it is O.K. their is a spark,and if I pour a little fuel into the venturi the engine will fire up and run for a few seconds.The fuel pump is delivering the correct pressure,if I remove the injector from the body and turn the engine over fuel sprays everywhere. So I thought that the injector was faulty and not letting fuel through so I bought a new injector (v.v expensive)!! I put the new injector in and hey presto! exactly the same!!! I am at loss as to what to try next , has anybody got any ideas? By the way after the engine stopped I checked the oil level and it was way to high ,I thought that this was strange as I was the last to top it up, also it smelled strongly of petrol,so I drained the oil and took what must have been over a gallon out!!! it was mainly petrol though which suggests that there was a problem with the old injector . If any body has any suggestions I will be most grateful , Cheers Ross.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 20:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bigbudwizer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 21:58    Post subject: The same Reply with quote

Sorry to dig up a post from 2009 but I've got an almost identical problem. My 2000 1.6 8v Vitara just died while driving. No injector pulse (tested using noid light), cranks and sparks and will run with fuel poured into the throttle body. I e checked relays, earths (cleaned and reseated), fuel is going to the injector and i have checked all other connectors on the engine and sprayed them with wd-40. I have no idea what to do next, I'm thinking of sending the ecu and immobiliser off to be checked, I've taken the ecu apart and don't see anything wrong with the capacitors I.e. No leaking or corrosion etc...

If anyone can shine a light on the matter it would be very helpful.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Vitara Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: