2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help with my wobbly rear!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigSuzII

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 19:50    Post subject: Help with my wobbly rear! Reply with quote

I just picked up a 95 SWB Vitara Sport 2. I had a SWB JX a few years ago and loved it. The problem is the handling on this one seems a bit twitchy. I was getting pulled from side to side on the motorway, and going over bumps in the road makes the rear end all out of shape and requires some wrestling with the steering wheel! Any idea what could be causing this? It has wide tyres which my old one didnt.

Also, it feels a LOT slower than my old one, it struggles to hit 70 and acceleration is very poor. The gears change is quite notchy and hard to put in gear when it is cold. Any help?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 19:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wide tyred ones will tramline the road surface more but yours does sound a bit extreme, I'd get under there with a crowbar and check all the bushes, balljoints etc, can't be much wrong with it (unless it's had a bump and bent something, but let's hope not eh?), they're pretty simple. Failing that get a 4 wheel alignment done.

The gear change thing could be clutch related? I'd change the gearbox oil as a first job though, easy to do and inexpensive too!

Dunno what to suggest with the power, give it a service and check the timing?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pretty much what I was planning to do. Cheers!

Are there any maintenance guides on here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: