4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

protecting starter when offroading.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai Engine Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
little sammy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 23:43    Post subject: protecting starter when offroading. Reply with quote

Hi there,i knackered my first starter off roading by getting stuck in a very deep hole full of water so bought another one which i have seemed to knacker last weekend doing the same thing,although i didnt get stuck in the water i got out of it this time!!

Ijust wondered if anyone had devised a way of protecting the starter whilst off roading???

cheers

liam
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 23:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never seen any thing like protecting and starter motor on any 4x4, i will have a nose around see if i can find anything if i do i will drop on here Very Happy

IMPERIAL A/F SOCKETS: Once used for working on older cars and motorcycles, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 13mm or 19mm socket you've been searching for for the last 15 minutes.
little sammy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight wrote:
i have never seen any thing like protecting and starter motor on any 4x4, i will have a nose around see if i can find anything if i do i will drop on here Very Happy

cheers mate,i am going to try and do something myself.if i am then ill pass it on,cheers
liam Very Happy
Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

little sammy wrote:
Knight wrote:

cheers mate,i am going to try and do something myself.if i am then ill pass it on,cheers
liam Very Happy

well if you can that would be cool Cool

IMPERIAL A/F SOCKETS: Once used for working on older cars and motorcycles, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 13mm or 19mm socket you've been searching for for the last 15 minutes.
little sammy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight wrote:
little sammy wrote:
Knight wrote:

liam Very Happy

I will sort something,trust me,it may not be beautiful but it will work Cool
little sammy

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight wrote:
little sammy wrote:
Knight wrote:

liam Very Happy

well ive devised a breather for the hole and sorted the joints too and i know it would work but apparently you can just silicon the hole up??

This bit of info came from a chapp thats been doing breathers for 30 yrs and says just to bung the hole up with silicon???

If it is a breather hole for the starter then surely it will do it no good being totally blocked and no air getting in or out to let it breathe/cool????

If its not an issue to bung it up then problenm sorted and if it is an issue then ill chuck up the pics of what ive devised and problem sorted anyway!!!

Who knows the answer though as i i sure dont!
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be interested to see what you've come up with mate. I never even gave any thought to the starter encountering problems in water until yours got poggered up over Whaddon.
I suppose as the starter usually only runs for a few seconds whilst starting, having the hole blocked might not be an issue.

----------------------------------------------------------
My neighbors don't like my mud splattered Suzuki. Do I look bothered?
little sammy

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
I'll be interested to see what you've come up with mate. I never even gave any thought to the starter encountering problems in water until yours got poggered up over Whaddon.
I suppose as the starter usually only runs for a few seconds whilst starting, having the hole blocked might not be an issue.

I designed something Alan,but it didnt need to be done,you can just bung the hole up mate,but i found that out afterwards!!!!

Just open up the starter and mastic the joints then shut it up again!!!!

simples!!!!!!!
ideal_dog

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I do that next week.
Might call you for guidance  Wink

----------------------------------------------------------
My neighbors don't like my mud splattered Suzuki. Do I look bothered?
little sammy

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideal_dog wrote:
Cool, I do that next week.
Might call you for guidance  Wink

No prob Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai Engine Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: