4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

need a little help with tyre and rim size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubberduck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 22:47    Post subject: need a little help with tyre and rim size Reply with quote

im kinda confusing myself and need a little advise.

i currently have a nice set of what seem to be 15" wellers i think are of a vitara, at the moment they are fitted with a set of all terain colways. the only tyre information on there is 195r15 so they are 195mm wide n meassur ing from the floor to the top of the tyre they are 26" now this is where i need your help.

i would like to stick a set of wider and bigger tyres on there with out having to change my rims if possible, the tyres i would like to fit are a set kumho kl7's tyre size is 31x10.5R15lt.  

will they fit on my current rims or am i going to have to find some which are wider? or will the extra 73mm in width be ok ? if they are will fit to rims will i require will spacers as i already have a 2" body lift and i belive i might have to cut my arches slightly but im going defender arches soon tho.

if theres anymore information somebody needs to help me let me know and i will get hold of it.

cheers tom
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 22:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 215R15 Mud Terrains on standard steel suzuki rims (they look like wellers so probably the same ones you have) and they stand at 29" tall.
The one on the left is a 195R15...

I reckon you'll need wider rims for the 31/10.5s, maybe spacers too but since you're going to be buying rims just get ones with a bigger offset. As you say you'll probably need to trim a bit for the 31s, take the front bumper mounting "ears" off certainly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: