4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My Vitara will not start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferret375

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 20:46    Post subject: My Vitara will not start Reply with quote

I have a 1991 jlx 8v vitara, have just replaced head gasket and timing belt. Im sure that I have put it together ok ( No left over parts anyway ) but the sod will not start, turns over ok, fuel ok, I have a spark but it will not fire !
Anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong? have looked to see if ht leads from dizy cap to the plugs are connected in the correct order but can not find what the correct order is, but im sure they are as prior to my so called repair.
Can anyone please help?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 20:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaiRees

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure the valve timing is correct after you changed the belt?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 15:39    Post subject: will not start Reply with quote

Valve timing?  Question
I set no1 plug to tdc, and made sure rotor arm is pointing at no 1 ht lead aswell as lining up the timing mark to 0.
Is the valve timing somthing diff?
Can smell fuel ok and see spark in dizzy cap but will just not fire.

Dan
DaiRees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once put a timing belt on one notch out (long story) Rolling Eyes  Embarassed . Doesn't sound like you've fallen into that trap though.

You have fuel, spark and compression etc.... Errm, can't think of anything else to be honest, sorry dude!

Hopefully someone else will be along soon. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 20:34    Post subject: My car has started Reply with quote

It works Very Happy , went over all I had done and I think what I did wrong was when no one cyl was at tdc it should have been on the compression stroke but I had it on the opposite, so then I reset valves and did the timing etc and Bobs your uncle it worked. Very Happy    
Just got to run it for a while and re check torque settings and valve gaps then just wait and see if the head gasket holds out.
Long live the Haynes Manual Laughing  

Thanks anyway
Dan
DaiRees

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you were blowing instead of squeezing Embarassed , which also means you must've been sucking instead of banging Shocked !!! Laughing  Laughing  Wink

Good result Dan Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: