4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

CB ariel only??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gebs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10    Post subject: CB ariel only?? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Right the car I'm looking on getting had a nice CB ariel fitted already, is the process of wiring it up fairly easy and hopefully not too expencive. I'm looking at doing a rally and the others cars could all be fitted with CB radios, if I go out of europe can we all still communicate in the cars? If so what is a good product to look for?
Thanks,
Gebs
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

oaks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
In europe cb frequencies are between 26.965 - 27.405 and in the U.K. are between 27.60125 - 27.99125. Anyway some cb radios have the option to switch the frecuency for the uk or for the rest of europe.
In radios i have Jopix, TTI and Intek and i'm very happy with them, also Alan is a good product. Chossing one of them depends on the use, if you want USB and LSB, the size...
Regards
Jorge
Gebs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, so does it matter what radio I get if I only want to contact between three cars? We can use our own frequency anywhere or am I mistaken?
G
oaks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter, if you just want to contact between your three vehicles you can go out with your own frequencies but you won't be able to communicate with other people out of the U.K.
The only problem that could be is that in Spain, Belgium, Austria, Italy and Switzerland cb radio needs licence but i don't think that you will have any problems because in the UK is free and you come from there.
Remember that in most countries channel 9 is just for emergencies and channel 19 is for trafic information.
Gebs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the detailed, now another question to ask, there are so many on the internet some £200 some £50 so which is the one to go for. LED screens etc don't really mean much to me, just need a good quality one that can take a bit of wear and tear, also one that I can put the mic in a holster by the wheel?
G
oaks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned up by price i have the next ones:
- TTI550 (around 60 GBP): it's very small to put it in a small hole in the dashboard, it has auto-squel, scanner and you can switch between uk and eu frequencies.
- Jopix Itaca (around 130 GBP): it's bigger and it has wheels for mic gain, rx gain, scanner, LSB & USB...
- Intek 200-plus ('89) (around 150 GBP 20 years ago): it's the best radio i've ever seen, but now is a lil bit old.

You will have quality with brands like Alan, Intek, Jopix, TTI... and then you sould think about what do you want, mic gain is an important thing when you go too close because with out it there's a lot of noise. You can also think about the size if you don't have too much space in the car...
There're some radios that have front speaker to put it into the dashboard, but it isn't very important.

Don't forget to adjust correctly your antenna with a "SWR metter" it costs 10 GBP and it's very important! (you will find a manual with it)

Sorry, but i'm not english and i can't understand this: "put the mic in a holster by the wheel?"

Jorge.
Gebs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jorge,
Thanks again for the reply, with the radio itself you will have a microphone to speak into, i was wondering how easy it would be to fit into the car, so i can reach it from the driving position more easily.
Is that clearer?
G
oaks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks. How i said, you need to think about where do you want to install it and find the correct radio, and install a mic holder near the stering wheel
I hope that my info has been useful for you
Here's a mic holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: