All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wheel winch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:53    Post subject: Wheel winch Reply with quote

Australian's idea  Laughing

Link
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Retro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yehhhhhh broken half shafts sheered hubs and wheel studs a plenty  Twisted Evil
NIAZ ALI

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retro

To keep that in perspective... its not the item to be used in a daily application... its designed to work in emergencies..... keeping in mind  the Australian outback is a very hostile enviorment... and there have been plenty of young fellows who have Died.....perished... and the only crime they commited was to get bogged.... it happens all the time here.... so its a good device... to be put into hire cars... 4x4's  or the day tripper.... it can save a life... that old fellow didnt get his grey hair for nothing..... now.... that isnt an invention... that was used by the yanks during WW2.. have you ever seen  a pic of those old chev trucks and they seem to have a dish on the front hubs.... if you know what im talking about they were winches... and all you needed was a rope... this device is  very ... how should i put it...'state of the art'  
but a great idea... and no you wont break anything if you use it properly....and if your bogged in the middle of no where ..and you have one of these... youve got a chance!!!
oaks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever used it? I´m a little bit confused because i not often go off-roading but when i do, i use to go with just one car (my friends don´t like 4x4's  Sad ). I´ve been thinking on a winch for a long time but it costs me around 1000€ including the base, and the boot is quite small to carry a portable one, so surfing the internet i found that.

Last edited by oaks on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:42; edited 1 time in total
NIAZ ALI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go out by yourself.. its a good insurance policy... also if you ever sell or change your car you can take it with you... its a bit of a pain to install... but hey! what else would you do if your hopelessly bogged and have no one around to help!!!!
Dav

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more Ali
It puts no more strain on anything than having that wheel on the ground pulling you along and could be a real life saver
oaks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a website with the prices and the kit: http://www.bushwinch.com.au/products.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: