4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

jimny lifting advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a18suf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:35    Post subject: jimny lifting advice please Reply with quote

hiya every one.
ive just bought a 53 jimny and i am wanting to use it for off road use ive been trying to find some info on what is best to do, i do not want to go mad as it is my every day car but i want a bit more ground clearance. i want to put some bigger muds on but i will not be using them every day i will change them when needed just for off road use as mpg goes down, drive quality etc. every one seems to use suspension lifts and not body lifts why is this? any advice would be grateful on how much to lift (and what type of lift) what tyre size i can get away with.

thankyou
amanda  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

zocko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

body lift wont give you any more ground clearance, but beware, whatever kind of lift you choose it WILL alter the driving characteristics

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
a18suf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

zocko wrote:
body lift wont give you any more ground clearance, but beware, whatever kind of lift you choose it WILL alter the driving characteristics

i know it wont give me any ground clearance but it will give me more space for bigger tyres. but i was wondering if there was problems with body lifts because not many people use them and they are cheap. i am expecting it to alter the drive thats why i dont want to go mad like some jimnys ive seen.
thankyou
me and the wife

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

google off road armoury  Very Happy
a18suf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:
google off road armoury  Very Happy

ive tried it says website not available. ive looked at lots of different kits but i want peoples personal thoughts and how things worked for them.
thanks tho  Very Happy
zocko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

their website must be down...

try calling them when its back up, theyre a mine of good info when it comes to lifting

the car pulling it out of the mud is a suzuki
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:22    Post subject: Re: jimny lifting advice please Reply with quote

a18suf wrote:
hiya every one.
ive just bought a 53 jimny and i am wanting to use it for off road use ive been trying to find some info on what is best to do, i do not want to go mad as it is my every day car but i want a bit more ground clearance. i want to put some bigger muds on but i will not be using them every day i will change them when needed just for off road use as mpg goes down, drive quality etc. every one seems to use suspension lifts and not body lifts why is this? any advice would be grateful on how much to lift (and what type of lift) what tyre size i can get away with.

thankyou
amanda  Very Happy

Take alook here www.bigjimny.com Very Happy they sell a suspension kit thats actually designed for the Jimny or for a body lift try www.jimnybits.co.uk Very Happy

IMPERIAL A/F SOCKETS: Once used for working on older cars and motorcycles, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 13mm or 19mm socket you've been searching for for the last 15 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: