All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SJ410 1986 REBUILD!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MANXSJ-410

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:34    Post subject: SJ410 1986 REBUILD! Reply with quote

Hi guys just thought id share my project with you lot doesnt seem like many people are doing these cars up ive had mine for almost 2 years now and am almost finished it it just needs preping and painting then adding some bits i havent fitted yet.

ive spent just over £3000 on it so far and spent alot of time on it too

its had Its had a new soft top £150
Lots of welding done that cost me £400
got some chrome and black wheels think they were £200
set of wheels and tyres £100
chequer plate corners,sills,door cards,and the like think i spent about.. 150 - 200 on that lot
stereo fitted and speakers was £400
service and new brakes cost me £265
cam belt change cost me about £200
air horns, 4 chrome spotlights an auxilary battery and spotlight bar was all about £300
classic leather bucket seats were £185
2 second hand doors ,bootlid,side steps and dash cost £100 shipped over too was about £160
second hand windscreen £50
screen hinges £15

thats £2622 plus the cost of the car that was £500 is £3122

and still not finished im in the preping stage of things at the moment which isnt turning out very good at the mo as i found i needed another body part after sanding it i found i need a new drivers side hoop panel not too much bother as it just bolts on just waiting to see whats under it once its off! hopefully nothing too bad everything else looks ok so far which is good and the cars sound mechanically. just need the cosmetics done now I.e carpeting out the inside and putting the bucket seats in which i has custom brackets made for as they didnt fit originally.

Just bought another SJ-410 1985 one in white for 80 quid!! Ill post some pics of it up on sunday when i get it

for now heres some pics of my 86 rebuild

IF YOU WANT TO SEE PICS I CANT POST THEM AS IM NEW BUT THERES SOME ON pichosting(DOT) org AND SEARCH SJ IN THE SEARCH MINES THE ONLY ONE ON THERE

Getting there with it it just needs painting which i decided to do myself with a paint called "rust-oleum" as the isle of man is over priced for any work done to any car thats why most people dont bother and drive round in death traps due to not having to have an MOT..

anyway i welcome comments and i have a new set of wheels to go on once finished too there 15 x 10" and have 255/60/15's on... thats if i can find some cheap enough on the island as the ones on them have no tread left... there chrome with matt black centres

PS THE WHITE ON THE PICS IS JUST PRIMER NOT SURE WHAT COLOUR TO HAVE IT YET IDEAS WELCOME Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dec

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

its looking good mate
bullseye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good keep up the good work ?Laughing ?and im doing them up to road legal off road iv got 6 on the go hahaha its moveing a bit slow tho Smile
________
Hydrocodone Rehab Advice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: