4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

vitara jlx not starting when warm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobster82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 19:42    Post subject: vitara jlx not starting when warm. Reply with quote

hello everyone, this is my first post on here.
im hoping someone can offer some advise on a k plate vitara jlx 1.6 petrol.
when the engine is cold it will fire up ok, but when the engine has been run for a bit and is warm it wont restart, you need to wait until it has cooled down.
we were think along the lines of fuel pump (im guessing this is in the tank?) or injectors.
you get a clicking noise from what looks like a vacuum valve/ relay when this fast clicking noise happens the engine will turn over but wont fire up.

any help or advise greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 19:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

deathbus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey up. had a similar problem on my old honda prelude.

turned out to be the main relay, had a dry joint. id check that first.

if not id start checking vacuum hoses.

good luck mate
bobster82

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers deathbus,ive bought a egr vacuum valve and idle control valve, they seem to be where the ticking noise comes from when it wont start, i havent got round to changing them just yet, but when i do i will reply here to help others in the future. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: