2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

!!HELP!! - Steering-Gremlin I can't figure out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feragoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 14:33    Post subject: !!HELP!! - Steering-Gremlin I can't figure out! Reply with quote

Hi all,

This is my first post on Suzuki4x4club, but I'm sure it won't be my last, lol!

I've got a gremlin in my 1992 ChevZuki TracKick (lifted, 31" tires, rear detroit locker) that I just can't find. Last week, after trying to figure it out for weeks on my own, I caved in and brought it to three different garages in town and NONE of them could diagnose my problem, so here it goes, my last life-line...

Here's the scenario:

If I'm driving into a turn, engine engaging the wheels in 2WD with the front hubs unlocked, and I push the clutch pedal in while in mid-turn the Tracker starts to jump/bind and generally not appreciate it until you stop, straighten the wheels again and let the clutch out, re-engaging the engine to the wheels. It only happens when I push the clutch IN during a turn. If I'm coasting through a corner with the clutch in, then let the clutch out to accelerate out of the turn everything is fine.

It almost feels like a damaged transfer case drive chain in 4x4, jumping and binding as it turns, but I'm in 2WD! I can't figure it out for the life of me! Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I haven't and I've been lifting 4x4's for years. I didn't do this lift, I bought it already lifted. It's got brand new ball joints and wheel bearings in the front.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? If you need more info about the lift or anything just let me know and I'll see what I can find out from the previous owner.

Thanks all.
Cheers,

Feragoh
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 14:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Richie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Feragoh

That is very very strange, Its the clutch part that really messes up any theorys I may have come up with because it sounds to me like you say as if the front diff is locked.

Can I clarify a couple of points please, Is the 1992 ChevZuki TracKick the same as a Vitara over here ?

Also what kind of lift do you have fitted ?

Does the jumping/binding feels as though its comming from the front axle ?

Does it happen when turning left and right ?

If as I belive your car is a Vitara equivelent then it has independant front suspension, If it has been lifted and your front drive shafts have not been adapted to cope with the lift is it at all possible that when entering a corner the lean of the vehicle would be enough to stretch the drive shaft just a bit to much ? or even a prop UJ enough to bind ?

Just thinking out loud ?

Rich
cookie1978

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the fwh unlocked properly, maybe its jumping in and out of engagement of the front hubs? Just a suggestion. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: