Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Jimny injection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jolyon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:38    Post subject: Jimny injection Reply with quote

This is perhaps quite an odd post...

We conduct research in New Caledonia using our 1999 Suzuki Jimny 1.3L. One day amidst heavy flash-flooding the entire car was submerged at the bottom of a creek for a few hours before we towed it out... During its life as a submarine the electrics were fried but there was no mechanical damage and we turned the engine to dry it out the next day.

Our friend still out there fixing it has replaced some of the electrics (the main computer board i think) and says the ignition is working and he's had it sort-of running but there is no power to the injection unit. I'm no mechanic and there's a bit of a language barrier, but i was wondering whether anyone could help me identify the electrical parts that are likely to have been fizzled, specifically what might need replacing to get the injection unit doing its thing. If it's easy i could find the parts in a wreckers yard here in the UK & take them out with me the next time i head that way (getting parts in New Caledonia is not easy).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jolyon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Richie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you Jimny drowned, I am affraid I cant help with Jimnys (way to technical for me).

I may be woth posting your Question on Difflock as there are not to many Jimny owners on here.  Crying or Very sad

Hope you get it sorted.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: