Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My SJ410

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:01    Post subject: My SJ410 Reply with quote

I reckoned it was about time i put a few pics of my SJ410 up for y'all to see so i popped out into the car park at work and took some, but i can't get them to appear here. I normally just click insert picture and then browse, but i cant do that. HELP!

Until the pics turn up; it is a standard SJ410 apart from the SU carb, head unit, front bumper removal and the 195/80/R15 Insa Turbo Special Track tyres. Unlike most SJ's i come accross these days mine is road legal, and is in fact my only car. This weekend alone i have done slightly over three hundred miles. Home, greenlaning (where my little brother parked in a hedge, pic coming) and then back to pompey again. if thats not a good reason to keep it standard i dont know what is; mmmmm, SOA lifts on motorways.....

I wont be lifting it, but i might put new original pattern springs on 'cos mine are sagging like, well..... this is potentially a family site so they are sagging quite a lot actually. My Insa turbo's are theoretically an off-road only set and i have a set of road biased all terrains for the rest of my driving. Mods that are on the cards are a CB radio, better speakers in the back and a Land Rover style front bumper, to sit between the base of the grill and the top of the chassis, roof mounted lights wouldnt go amiss either one of these days. I have also obtained a 5 speed box from a Santana 410 that will go in at some point.

For those who havn't read the post where i intoduced myself my other big interest is climbing, and although my SJ cannot carry anything like the weight of my old 90 (see 'new to suzukis' post under new members) i can drive to the top/bottom of crags where mitsubishi's fear to tread and defenders only go in pairs.Twisted Evil  wave
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mark, if ya ever need a hand with anything or fancy a trip out give us a shout as we are in gosport Very Happy
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much, thats good to know. Are you a greenlaning fan or a strictly pay and play man?
suzota

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello sire

welcome to the mad house.
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day to you too!  Laughing
suzota

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did climbing once.

or twice.

not done it for over 25 years now though.

got into girls and 4x4's instead. Laughing
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climbing is gooood.

As an observation i have yet to find a member of my university climbing club who doesnt like my SJ, or at least what it stands for, must be that outdoor person thing, it also avoids that vague suspicion bigger 4x4's sometimes get from the sensitive types.

i am led to believe climbing has changed out of all recognition in the last 10 years alone, but i have only been doing it for 3 years myself.

girls, 4x4's, shooting and climbing.

And the pub. Rolling Eyes
me and the wife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

climbing is cool but im a bit too HEAVY now Very Happy  were just in to fun weather p+p or laning. our wagon wont be on the road for a while though, got to do a few household improvements first Sad
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sympathise with that! I don't even own a house and there always seems to be a hundred and one things to be doing.

My SJ packed in last night, or at least screwed up a bit, i was rattling along the motorway and put my foot down to go around someone who was only going a little slower than me when i completely lost power, it was like i hit a 100mph headwind. I am not sure what is wrong yet, it will only run slobbering rich, so i limped home holding the choke right out and just tickling the accelerator. I am already commited to a full weekend, ah well. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: