Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Radiators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vitara-virgin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54    Post subject: Radiators Reply with quote

How easy is it to change the radiator on my J reg vitara?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

vitara-virgin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

on closer inspection (now its not silly o'clock in the morning and freezing cold)  it doesnt seem to be the radiator itself that is the problem.  

You will have to excuse my lack of technical knowledge on this - where the radiator cap goes there is a small hole that feeds of to a pipe which goes to a bottle.  This bottle has another pipe coming from the top that just seems to release the water from?  Are you following this? (it confuses the hell outta me!!)

When i filled it with water - nothing happened.  Turned the engine on, and as it warmed up - what i thought was the rad leaking is actually water coming from this pipe (out of the bottle)

I assume it shouldnt be doing this?  Anyone got any ideas?
suzota

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

head gasket might have gone and its presherising the system, or you have an air lock in the system some where. Very Happy
El Casareño inglés

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

vitara-virgin wrote:
When i filled it with water - nothing happened.  Turned the engine on, and as it warmed up - what i thought was the rad leaking is actually water coming from this pipe (out of the bottle)

I assume it shouldnt be doing this?  Anyone got any ideas?

Or you may have simply overfilled the radiator reservoir, and as the water warms up, it expands, and then comes out the hole.  

How much water did you lose?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: