4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Jimni wobbly wheels!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keefrey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 16:50    Post subject: Jimni wobbly wheels!!! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to the club site, but I wondered if anyone can help me. I have a 03 reg jimni 02. The problem I have is that the car has been developing a problem over some time, there is a violent juddering coming through the steering at about 40 miles ph you can drive through it at around 60 mph, Ive had the wheels balanced countless times and had new tyres fitted all round. My mechanic has found nothing wrong although he has experienced the problem, and to be honest frightened the life out of him, because it takes the steering wheel out of your hands if not expecting it. Maindealer originally said there was not a problem, although they did replace front discs because they said they were warped. They have now said that they have known of a problem with the alloy wheels and that the fixing holes are off centre, and basically they are akin to driving on bricks! Anyone else heard or experienced this problem would be very grateful for any info. Thanks :rjavascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
Rolling Eyesoll:
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 16:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello! have you tried putting the front wheels on the back and the back on the front to see if ti is the wheels or the car, also does it happen every time when you get to 40ish.... scratch
DaiRees

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah like "me and the wife" says, try moving the wheels around or even replacing each one in turn with the spare. You ain't necessarily looking for the problem to go away because there could be more than one wheel damaged, but try to see if the characteristics change. Last resort could be to find another friendly suzuki owner and swap the whole lot over for a test drive (actually you'll find alot of owners have more than one set of wheels anyway, i used to have 3! - road, all terrain, mud terrain Laughing ).

Bent prop shaft perhaps?

Is it a soft top? My sammy rag top sometimes has a really nasty scuttle shake. Just a thought. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to say welcome to the forum Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaiRees wrote:
Sorry, forgot to say welcome to the forum Very Happy

Yeah Dai, where's your manners!?!?!  Laughing

Welcome to the club!! Very Happy
samurai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here mate and it`s getting me mad i think i`ll try changing the tyres myself thanks for the hint mates
keefrey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 16:54    Post subject: jimni wobbly wheels Reply with quote

Hi, many thanks for all your suggestions. After weeks of trying to sort out the problems, have now found out that the alloy wheel fittings are off centre, the main dealer doesn't want to know because it's out of warranty although they have said they've come across the problem before, beats me why they haven't let owners know! Probably because it will cost them money. So have had new steels fitted, even then it didn't stop the problem, mechanic has found track rod ends need replacing (being done monday) so all ends that ends well (I hope). Mind you thats on top of new bearings for the gear box and a new clutch!! Thanks again folks  Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Wheels / tyres / brakes / steering / suspension / chassis All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: