2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suzuki 410 - complete rebuild, off road prep, and diesel con

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chappers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 22:59    Post subject: Suzuki 410 - complete rebuild, off road prep, and diesel con Reply with quote

Watch this space -
Dont know how to post pics???
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 22:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jo0Lz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya chappers
Put the pics on the web first.....
Si up load them to a PHhotobox, or Webshots account or something similar
Then with the picture visual on you screen right and select "copy image location"

THEN paste that copied address string to this messageboard between the code
[img] pasted picture URL address here [/img]

Best of luck
Jo0Lz
chappers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 23:02    Post subject: I`m back Reply with quote

I am affraid the project was halted for a couple of months, with work being so busy, but i am back and ready to crack, except now i dont have a diesel engine as the donor van i brought was to good, so i sold it and mad some bucks instead! Does any body have anything, or any sugesstions?? Thanks
chappers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 14:29    Post subject: Problem solved! Reply with quote

Spent a little time on ebay being nosey and for £186 i have a 2.5 diesel transit, just wish it wasnt raining today, i`d be out there stripping it out!
I drove the van home, and the engine is sweet! Plenty of BHP and Torque!!, and suprisingly not to big, although bet it weighs a fair bit! all i have to do now is fit it!

Progress so far;

Jeep strip to bare chassis;
chassis cleaned and primed;
chassis painted;
rot in shell cut out;
underneath and internal welding done;
new rear wheel arches welded in.

So lots to be getting on with, i am gonena build my own bumpers, but need to source parts like a winch, custom exhaut, internal diesel tank, buckets seat with harnesses, and some pimp road wheels for when not off road! Any one has anything or any suggestions will be greatly appreicated!
I am currently build a web site for my business, mean while i will post some pics on it and post a link on here so you can see the progress!
Jo0Lz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you back mate
If you want some ideas for bumpers look at this . . . .
http://www.stumpy.me.uk/
and in particular these pages
http://www.stumpy.me.uk/rearbumper.htm
http://www.stumpy.me.uk/frontbumper.htm
I know its a Grand Vit
BUT gives some good ideas on how to make your own winch bumpers
Jo0Lz
chappers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 22:59    Post subject: Progress! Reply with quote

Right time for a quick update on my progress -  I now have on my drive way a SWB transit, the engine has been removed and cleaned, just need to service it, i already have a new clutch kit for it (£40 of ebay).

The engine is 60cm wide, 60cm long and 70cm high!! Gives me a slight problem, the width and length is fine i can work with this but the hight leaves the engine sitting 4" above the bonnet level??? Well i have a solution, 2" body lift, and 2" power bulge in bonnet Smile
I have decided i am going to cut the existing transmision tunnel out, fit the new engine and g/b and then build a new one, rather than ponse about with it!
Does any one know of any uprated fromt springs i can use, this engine is twice the weight of the previous!!

Thanks Jo0lz for them links, i think i can do some thing similar, although not any where as good, i dont have the workshop facilities he does! - ps did you receive the clutch and carb ok??

Chappers
Jo0Lz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mate
The clutch and carb arrived today...Ta

As for your front springs
people on Difflock seem to use the main front leaf combined with 2 or 3 leaves from the back spring
then replace the back springs with ones from a Bedford Rascal or Suzuki SuperCarry mini van

A more difficult spring upgrade is Toyota springs from an LJ70 LandCruiser
You end up having to extend the front of the chassis as the LJ70 springs are longer

Best of luck mate
Jo0Lz
chappers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 16:33    Post subject: nice idea Reply with quote

Good idea bud! I am about to buy another jeep, fingers crossed its not gone any way, it has Samurai axles, so i was going to nick them of that for mine, and then use one or two leaf of the old ones!?
Well update:
Engine as you know is out, clutch has been changed, and cambelt also changed along with a service! Ready to offer the beast up!! Smile
Interesting, this engine has NO GLOW PLUGS!! so very simple to cable in Wink (But should see the size of the starter Razz)
Jo0Lz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 0:20    Post subject: Re: nice idea Reply with quote

chappers wrote:
this engine has NO GLOW PLUGS!!

WHAT Shocked
So it just keeps cranking and cranking and cranking till it starts.......!!!
How MAD is that Rolling Eyes
Jo0Lz
chappers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:24    Post subject: No glow plugs Reply with quote

Well from my understanding, with a little use of the net, it relies solely on compression hense the huge mother of a starter motor! But more model light aluminium engine to save on weight, and to start smoother, they simply added glow plugs!!
Something i didnt know i can tell ya! But then i am not a mechanic lol

Quick update whilst waiting for the alcohol to wear of, I have serviced the engine, new clutch kit and cambelt kit!! Tomorrow its going to be offered up, and with some luck fixed in place!! SmileSmile

I am getting a lot more excited now, once that engine is fitted, things are going to come together and i will feel real progress has been made! I am meaning to get pics sorted, i have been keeping a picture diary!
suzota

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need pics. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
chappers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 22:19    Post subject: How? Reply with quote

I can do most things but i just dont understand how to post pics on here despite being told! any idiot guides?? thanks
chappers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 23:53    Post subject: Any one want this? Reply with quote

I have a big problem, the locals dont appreciate some one minding there own business, and simple getting on with a hobbie!! I have had a letter from the local council threatening to take my dad to court, for having and quote "scrap" on his drive way!! Cheeky son of a preacherman!! Any way are a long phone call to the council it would appear I am not allowed to do this on MY DADS DRIVE WAY!! and that if it wasnt cleared they would evict my dad from his house!
I am so offended by this and outraged!! I have put a lot of hard work into this project, and dont want to give in but i have no where else to do it, i dont personnally have a drive way, and so my dad also wants it gone, which i understand from his position!

This country sucks!! I am so outraged that sociaty sees a person working on a car as anti social! My dad is surronded by BUMS, they dont work, weather they are just bums or retired so they have nothing better to do other than complain! Whats it coming to when you cant get on with a simple project on your drive way?

Any way, the painful bit, simply has to go!!! But i am going to be fussy, i want it to go to some one thats going to finish it.

I have spent a resonable amount of money but spent a lot of time on this. So i am open to offers!

Current state -
Chassis has been cleaned and Schutzed, and a 2.5 transit diesel bolted on to it, with new clutch kit and cambelt!
Needs some one with the time to finish it but this will be an awesome beast when complete!! I have stacks of photos if any one is interested, and obviously needs to be trailered!! thanks
cadfael9798

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Chappers, sounds like jealousy to me! Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Nowhere you can find some garage/workshop space, particularly with some like-minded soul?
Mike.
Newbie to this forum,
1983 Landrover 110 with retro-fit 200Tdi under renovation.
'03 Jimny coming very shortly
suzota

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might be able to help.

email me

muddyjlx@gmail.com

tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: