4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Samurai 413 'Death Wobble' Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seahorsejeep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 21:00    Post subject: Samurai 413 'Death Wobble' Help! Reply with quote

I posted this in the 'General' section too but this post really belongs here.
My Suzi 413 Samurai LWB has developed a death wobble over time and despite balancing tyres, rotating wheels, changing wheels, adjusting and tightening steering and changing the steering damper, it has not improved. The shake is violent and starts at about 45-50mph. Its not warped brake discs or worn track rod end balljoints either.  A mechanic friend of mine doesn't think its wheel bearings as he can't feel any wear but I'm wondering if thats the problem all the same, OR could it be worn wheel bearings on the back axel. Any ideas, sugestions or comments would be welcome as I'm going to end up with a huge dentist bill from all my fillings that are being shaken loose !!!! Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 21:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ac0hd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to zukis but I had a Jeep XJ. They are known to have the occasional death wobble, esp if lifted. When I put the 6" lift on mine and had it aligned, the shop was familiar with the issue and said it could be largely resolved by adjusting the wheel caster. They set mine up a couple of degrees on the conservative side of factory specs and I never had an issue, though was starting to get a bit before the alignment.

I'd suggest running yours by a reputable alignment shop familiar with 4X4 issues and see if they have an ideas. The damper will also help but usually resolves is only if there is very light wobble. Mine would do it when I could cross RR tracks at highway speeds...that would trigger it. after the alignment fix I never had another issue with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Suzuki Samurai steering, suspension, brakes and wheels Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: