2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Deciding to buy Vitara Mk1 or Mk2 - differences?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bosanek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 14:47    Post subject: Deciding to buy Vitara Mk1 or Mk2 - differences? Reply with quote

Hello!

I am a new writer here, but I have been a long time reader. Seeing a lot of quality talk/writing being done here, I believe that someone can help me with my evaluation.

I currently drive Suzuki Jimny and I am very happy with it. It is my main and only car - I use it for commuting, long distance driving, various off road trips, etc.
However, now I need a larger vehicle, and a five door Vitara would be just perfect.

As I would definitely prefer a proper off-roader with solid rear axle, body on frame and reduction gearing, I originally intended to search for a good condition Vitara Mk2 ("Grand Vitara") (1998-2005). That it the last such Vitara.

However, I recently bumped onto two very well preserved Vitara Mk1 cars, one made in 2003 and another made in 2004!
I thought that Vitara Mk1 was discontinued in 1998.

So, now I have a decision to make - to go for 1st gen or 2nd gen Vitara.

What would be some important differences between these two generations? Of course, Vitara 2 has more modern and aesthetically pleasing interior, and maybe better safety features. But I am asking about build quality (chassis, bodywork, transmission, suspension), endurance, on road manners, off road capability, and so on.
Also, are there any significant structural and functional differences? Both cars appear to have very similar design (drivetrain, suspension, 4wd system).

I am looking forward to some information and tips!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 14:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: