All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HELP Garage clowns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch66

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:02    Post subject: HELP Garage clowns Reply with quote

I have a 2009 GV DDIS with 20k miles, I had a whining lower idler pulley which I took to a local garage for replacement, easy job I thought, I went to collect it & it wouldnt start, when I looked they put the alternator belt on incorrectly which has partly shredded, they apologised & agreed to replace it but coudn`t say why it would not start, I suggested the immobiliser but they said no, they hooked up to computer which said crank position sensor, replaced that but to no avail, then replaced cam sensor, still no joy, pulled of engine cover to check timing marks which I thought was pointless but all was ok there. the engine does start then cuts out immediately both keys have been used to rule out transponder issues & they still have my car 3 days later, 5 mechanics have been involved not one of them seems to know whats going on. I`m sure they have upset something as the car was perfect & never ever missed a beat apart from a simple pulley to replace, I`m at my wits end with these clowns, I know its a needle in a haystack job but If anyone can shed any light on this I would be most grateful.
cheers Mitch
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

denbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that some of the shredded belt went round the crank and caused the timing to jump, but you say this was checked! Just wondering if they put jump leads on it..... this can blow the ecu very quickly. Get it out of this micky mouse shed. Get it to main dealer and pass them the bill.
Mitch66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply
Yeh I did sack them & took it to a auto diagnostics company locally, I showed them that the car will bump off & runs perfectly just wouldn't start off the key & they agreed that there was nothing mechanically wrong with it, the next thing they called me to say the timing was out, strange as it was running great.  having adjusted this they then told me that the engine locked up when turned over by hand, clearly they had got the timing wrong then they explained that the top timing pulley had sheered the woodruff key allowing it to slip hence the cam sensor error. Am I stupid or have this second garage caused even more damage. this was a simple immobilizer or electrical fault & they are absolute t*** of it. I agree I should have gone to main dealers but I`m on a budget & they both came recommended
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: