4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hello from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 18:57    Post subject: Hello from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada Reply with quote

My Land Rover Disco-2 V8 was costing me too much money so I got rid of it and on a whim picked up a well-used '99 Chevy Tracker -- Suzuki Vitara -- 1.6, 16-valve, 2-door. I love this little thing! It's good on fuel, parts are cheap, and it goes almost anywhere with impunity. I was originally going to use it for the winter and pass it on, but it's got zero rust so I'm fixing it up (mechanically).
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 18:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MikeFrinton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Devran !  Interesting for me to read your post. We are obviously miles apart but perhaps in a similar situation. I hadn't previously realised that a Chevy Tracker would be anything like a Susuki Vitara 1999. Perhaps the UK version Vitara may not be like your Chevy Tracker. With one previous owner, 60,000 miles on the clock, and shiny black/silver paintwork, I initially thought the one I purchased was virtually "rust free" but, when investigating a fog light that was flopping around a bit in the bumper, I was quite shocked to discover that an "out of sight" fixing plate inside the bumper had completely rusted away. When I removed two perfectly shiny fixing screws, the inside pressed steel component just disintegrated to a pile of rust on the ground. I hope yours doen't turn out to be the same. I have also discovered that the high level stop light unit mounted in the rear spoiler isn't working so I will need to start checking if spare parts like these are still available. I will be looking out for your posts to see how you get on but, in the meantime, hope you continue to have fun driving your new toy. Regards, Mike.
davran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike. I spent three months in the summer of '90 riding an '81 Yamaha FJ650 around the UK: good memories Smile

The Chevy Tracker encompassed both gen1 Sidekicks and ten2 Vitaras; they were so poorly re-badged that everything except the grill and steering wheel says Suzuki Smile Mine is a Canadian build unit from the Magna plant near Toronto.

Southern Vancovuer Island BC is Canada's warm spot, and not much road salt is ever used, so there are often rust-free cars here that are rusted and gone everywhere else in Canada. I had to replace the back door with one from a wreck, and the high-mount stop light is working.

My summer 'car' is a '74 Land Rover series III 88 Smile

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: