Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New to 4x4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricky191

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 15:06    Post subject: New to 4x4 Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm new to off roading and i'm currently looking for a 4x4 to suit my needs. I have a tight budget but i'm ok at fixing cars. I have done projects in the past fixing up cars that have seen better days and after selling my last project i'm in the look out for a new one. I have been with other people four wheel driving but haven't had a go myself for a while and thought I should try fixing up a four wheel drive so I can use it on the weekends.

I'm looking at a 96 vitara wagon 5door that has 280,000klms on it which seems high but I have seen a few of them with far more.It's auto which there is a huge debate over which is better but I think it's ok because less moving parts and no clutch to burn out and I will also be driving in mud and sand so it's good to keep the momentum up and not have to change gears. It needs some work but maniacally the guy said it's ok. Small oil leak on the sump and that's about it. I want a 4x4 thats cheap to buy,run and fix but not looking for a car that can climb up a wall. just some mild 4x4 fun on the weekend. I have heard mixed reviews about how good they are but i'm wondering just how good they are. He wants $1000 for it, has new tyres i'm told, looks like a 2way and spotlights and i'm keen to drive out and have a look on the weekend but before I get it I want to do my homework so i'm not disappointed later on.

So should I buy a vitara? Are they a good car to start with ? And is 280,000 klms something to be worried about if there isn't a clear history on the car? And whats the chances of wrecking it on a track and wasting my hard earned dollars ?

Thanks for reading and keen to hear your opinion on them.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 15:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: