2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Some advice from those in the know

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffBell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:39    Post subject: Some advice from those in the know Reply with quote

Hi looking for some advice from those with experience.
I have just purchased a Grand Vitara  2005(1998-2005 range) mainly for my wife to use in the winter.  I stupidly did not fully understand the 4wd system, I had thought that it was simply a matter of switching and did not understand problems like wind up.  How user friendly is the 4wd system to use.  I would really appreciate any advice for users for tips when and when not to engage it and anything she would need to consider or be aware of.
Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

me and the wife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi its very easy to use, if the road is slippy use 4wd if its not dont  Very Happy  hope this helps
JeffBell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 13:03    Post subject: Advice appreciated. Reply with quote

Thank you, what about this wind up I'm reading about have you ever experienced it ?
me and the wife

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

wind up only occurs if you use 4wd on stable ground where the transmission gets wound up and is unable to slip back to normal. just forget about wind up and use 4wd when it gets slippy  Very Happy
JeffBell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks again appreciate your advice.
Mitch66

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh as above, only use when slippery & low ratio when really bad, I forgot once when leaving a muddy farm track onto tarmac with full lock on, it was like someone had put the hand brake on, luckily no damage as i was going slow, reversed back on same lock then selected 2wd no problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: