4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 17:42    Post subject: new member Reply with quote

hi all looking to buy a vitara , i have had the chance to buy a gv 1.6 but its done 150k should i buy or walk away?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 17:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

stoker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought one with 115 On the clock....welding was biggest issue....check wheel arches and underside
MikeFrinton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:52    Post subject: Vitara 1999 T registration 60,000 Reply with quote

I think I must have been lucky recently finding a Vitara 1999 with 60,000 miles on the clock and one previous owner. Paid £1200 but immediately spent another £400 on a major service and replacement cam belt. Now spending some time touching up some paintwork in particular scuffs on bumpers and attending to a few minor jobs. It looks generally very good (black and silver paintwork) and runs well. Lots of fun after always driving stodgy cars! You may be interested I have recently seen a recent Essex advertisement for an identical good-condition hard-top Vitara with 67.000 miles at £1595 so this shows that lower mileage options are available and might be preferable. I bought the Vitara because our old Ford Focus Estate is showing corrosion problems at 180,000 miles and to a point where some welding has been required. The Focus is obviously a more comfortable car better car but, if I decide to sell, it would be worth only £800. Going back to the Vitara - even at 60,000 I have found a few hidden things that need attention - for example an out of sight fog-light mounting inside the bumper which completely disintegrated to a pile of rust on the ground after I removed two fixing screws. Doubtful if spare parts like these are still available? I would therefore be wary of buying one at 180,000 miles unless low price makes it really irresistible.  Best of luck. Regards, Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> New Member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: