2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

not revving above 3000 rpm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flinix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 20:56    Post subject: not revving above 3000 rpm Reply with quote

Hi all I have a problem that I so far have not been able find out what is wrong with my 2002 diesel grand vitara. It starts first time most of the time, but it is when it is running I have the problem when cold it revs up past 3000 rpm but after heating up it wont go above 2750 rpm the knock on effect is that it will not go faster than 70 mph. I discovered that if the engine is switched off for a minute when switched on it will rev as normal for a short while.
Can anyone diagnose my problem?
John
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 20:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

steve birtwistle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 14:26    Post subject: revving Reply with quote

hi, the first thing i would do is replace fuel filter, i had a similar problem on a diesel, and it was a case of the half blocked fuel filter was restricting the fuel flow. hope this helps
flinix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 16:30    Post subject: fuel filter Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for reply I have not replaced the fuel filter but  the previous owner had. Now I know that someone else has had the same problem I will check the fuel system to see if there is any blockages.
So is there any one else with suggestions?
denbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

get it to someone who has the equipment to code read it, and the knowhow  to use it. If you go playing with this fuel system it could prove FATAL.
flinix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for advice I was under the motor today trying to test the resistance of the fuel pump ( the book says 1.2 ohms ) but I found it inconclusive as it was so difficult to reach with the probes and the terminals were very rusty and spraying with WD forty I could not remove one connector. As to having someone with a computer to connect it  I have no warning lights on the dash to read the codes. I did find out the fuel filter is a Bosch so I have ordered a service kit as I do not know when it was last serviced. What do you think should I change the gear and diff oil while am at it?
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: