Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

exp. urgent help needed please on my 1988 samuari fuel issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roblee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 14:26    Post subject: exp. urgent help needed please on my 1988 samuari fuel issue Reply with quote

Guys I need help this is my only vehicle. My truck yesterday
just will not get gas to carb. I noticed no gas getting to my Carb so I have replaced the fuel filter at both ends, no luck. So I replaced the mechanical fuel pump and that didn't work.  So I took off fuel line to pump and I noticed no gas coming thru. Guys it was fine day before. So I am stumped I don't have much money left can anyone please tell me what to try next please? I need this truck to get to work. Thank u so much
Rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 14:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

denbo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you have checked that there is fuel in the tank! Dont rely on the gauge. Get a hand primer, the bulb type, and see if you can pull fuel from the tank up to the carb, work back from there. Should be a 10min fix.
den
Skipper Jolly
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:33    Post subject: No fuel - maybe too much air? Reply with quote

Hi there
My 1991 Santana Samurai 1324cc developed a similar problem. I am not saying this is the cure but it solved my problem (eventually).
I too had replaced filter and pump and still could only get fuel by applying positive pressure at the Petrol Filler cap! This was down to a corroded pipe.
Because the fuel pump is on the engine any fuel in the line will be used and then air is sucked in to replace it and the fuel in the tank cannot be lifted up through the top of the tank due to the lack of suction.
Check all the joints in the fuel lines - there are a surprising number - and check the flexible hoses themselves as they fail over time.
Be aware that there are flexible hose to tank joints on top of the tank and removing that can be a pig!
Also the tank pipes have been known to corrode where they bend through 90 degrees at the top of the tank! I had an issue there and repaired it with zinc gauze and metal epoxy.
Another trick is to use a vacuum cleaner (on 'blow' obviously!) or air compressor to apply some pressure to the tank to help identify any leaks in pipework if the fuel is leaving the tank.
A note of caution though - do not over-pressure the system!
Finally there is a plastic mesh type filter at the end of the suction pipe in the tank; this is accessible by removing the tank, undoing the retaining clip and removing the sender.
If you have gone this far it will pay you to wash out the tank.
Good luck and do let us know how you get on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: