Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fuel gauge accuracy on 2010 Grand Vitara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Trouble-shooting & other Suzuki queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayneelowe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:07    Post subject: Fuel gauge accuracy on 2010 Grand Vitara Reply with quote

I still have no idea how the fuel gauge reads on my 2010 Grand Vitara. When I fill up, I can add another 2 gallons after the shutoff at the pump. Then it drops within 20 miles to 3/4 reading but will go back up as I drive beyond that. The range reading is all over the place as the tank empties, sometimes going up or down 50 miles. Is there an adjustment to the gauge readings?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mitch66

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a sender problem to me, strange you can get 2 gallons in after shut off, I`m lucky to get another litre in my 2009 gv, my gauge doesnt move from full until ive done around 50 or so miles
DavidS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2003 1.6 gauge does not move until I have done over 60 miles
wayneelowe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year later and the fuel gauge and trip range still are inaccurate. I can fill up and then the range shows 280 miles when the mpg is 23 and the tank holds enough for 350 miles. As I drive the range goes up but the fuel gauge goes down to 3/4 and stays there for a bit then moves back up to full for a while. If I empty the tank it shows empty when it still has 3 gallons. But at least I understand the quirky thing. The car is great and takes abuse well while having a lot of creature comforts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Trouble-shooting & other Suzuki queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: