2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Jimny crankshaft pulley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other Suzuki queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orangeherald
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 21:29    Post subject: Jimny crankshaft pulley Reply with quote

Its a well known problem that the bottom pulley that runs the drive belts for alternator, water pump, power steering pump and a/c if fitted falls apart. The rubber bit that holds outer and inner together either loses its grip or just disintegrates. This results in damage to belts, radiator and wallet!
Has anyone avoided the hefty bill for another, presumably short lived, pulley by welding the old one up? I am planning to try this so if anyone has comments it would be nice to hear them. Otherwise I will report back if it works, or not!  Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 21:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Orangeherald
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a lot of thought, I drilled 4 holes from the inside of the pulley, through the rubber and into the outer pulley to the bottom of the belt grooves. Spaced 90 degrees apart and 6mm in diameter. In each one I put a 6mm high tensile steel pin, cut to exact length. I then welded the head of the pin to the outer part of the hole. This seems at present to have done the trick. I will run it a while and report any events.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Other Suzuki queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: