4x4 Mart magazine discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Misfiring on 2 Cylinders - Vitara

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 23:10    Post subject: Misfiring on 2 Cylinders - Vitara Reply with quote

Hey Guys

I have a 1999 vitara 1.6 8v and have found it misfires on cylinders 1 and 2. Its a constant problem, straight from when you turn the engine on.
The car seems to idle at the right speed when warm and never cuts  out when its driven on 2 cylinders (of course the engine shakes like mad when at a stand
still, so stopped using it).

So ive changed the distributor cap, rotor, HT Leads and spark plugs,  gapped to spec and its still doing exactly the same.

Ive verified all 4 spark plugs are sparking, so I wanted to run a few things by you guys who may have more experience with this than me.

Ive read up if 2 cylinders next to eachother misfire it could be head gasket blown, however I am not getting any smoke at all from the exhaust.
My next steps are to change fuel filter and check the injectors, ill also remove the head when I get a chance to check the vavles are not leaking.
Compression test done on both cylinders came up as 116psi and 117psi so I don't think itll be the rings. Just wondering if anyone out there
knows what these symptoms point to.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 23:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: