All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Samurai Rebuild (hopefully) :)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nejtun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through many scraped and burned fingers the rot is now gone Smile , fibreglassed and welded where needed now i need a bit more ooomph from the standard engine and some soundproofing as it is a noisy beast, will post the latest pics tomorrow !
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 0:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Nejtun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now we just need one coat of paint to make the paint a bit more solid, and then i can concentrate on the details, still some rough fibre glass on the bonnet as well , but that will be next Wink

this is what it looks like for now !

Tallbike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I've seen this car before! Parked in Eastbourne... just done my Vitara in home-sprayed poundland black! Lol! Gimme a shout if you wanna come laning with me mate, would be nice to get some nice muddy pics! 07935 550147 Darran, Eastbourne.
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
Nejtun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats me! its my work ride at the mo. as soon as I get some shocks and springs that are worth a damn the green lanes are the next mission Wink
Tallbike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Vit is at the welders as I speak, having a front recovery bumper built and mounted... and then I'm ready for the worst snow in living memory! Lol!  Rolling Eyes

Keep hold of my number and gimme a shout when your motor is ready to roll (ahem!) off road... I have a few mates at work I do a little off roading with every blue moon and a good friend I don't see too often who drives a Jimny so I'm sure we can sort out a nice little off road convoy for green laning about Sussex and into Kent... just gimme the word and I'll get it organised!  Very Happy
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
Nejtun

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 20:04    Post subject: winter is over and time to get on with it once again ! Reply with quote

SO the weather is on my side and I am in Europe a long way from easy part supplies !

so I will be doing what I can until the materials I brought with me run out Smile

First up rocker cover gasket as it is a bit leaky. while I have the cover off I might as well tidy it up a bit as it is truly manky.

First some suds to get all the 25 year old grease and gunk off.

A few hours of 80 grit through to 800 to get it nice and smooth, cant have bits of rust poking through after a couple of months now can we ?

Some strategic masking and into the homemade spray booth ( opens both side by the way Wink )

Couple of coats of 800 degree silver I found in the local hardware store and *ping*! good as new Smile

I will no doubt on here moaning about refitting it in the next couple of days but hopefully the self seating gasket wont give me too much hassle, fingers crossed ! and more updates as I do them.
Nejtun

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocker cover back in place with a new gasket , no more drippy marks Smile

Still got a squeeze of silver paint left , might splash a bit on the airbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: