All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Advices on buying a Jimny (what to look out for)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bosanek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51    Post subject: Advices on buying a Jimny (what to look out for) Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I searched this forum for topic(s) regarding best choices on buying a second-hand Jimny, as well as advices on what to look-out for when buying, to avoid getting a problematic car.
But I could not find anything specific, so I started this topic.

Essentially, there are two main questions regarding the purchases of second-hand Samurai:

1.] What are the differences between different model years and possibly different editions of the Jimnys?

For example, what is the best engine type, in which model years was it used, which series of the cars (if any) were problematic in some segments, are the Santana models better than genuine Suzukis, and which aspects, etc.
As far as I know, the Jimny has had three engines, first the G13BB from 1998 to 2000 (Jimny model JB32), then M13A from 2000 to present (Jimny model JB43), and also the diesel Renault K9K engine from 2003 until 2009 (Jimny model JB53).

Also, as far as I know, the Jimny had a moderate redesign in 2005, when, among other things, its transfer case was modified to use electronic instead of mechanical controls (I don't know if that is good or bad?), and then the car was redesigned again in 2011 or 2012.

I would like the confirmation of all of the above said, as well as some additional details and specifics. For example, which of those editions would be the best to have?

2.] What to look out for when buying a Jimny?

What are the key elements of the car which should be inspected before the purchase (and how to inspect them?), what are the symptoms of problems and how to recognize them, would it be useful to connect the car (or certain models only) to computer diagnostics to check for faults (for example, lambda probe issues etc.) and so on.

Regards!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: