All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

suzuki jimny non starter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wynotinn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 17:09    Post subject: suzuki jimny non starter Reply with quote

i have a 2000 jimny,this car was purchased,as a non runner after the owner had some cackhanded people messing with it,
this is the problem,the car tries to start ,but it appears to be over fueled as after about 30 seconds the engine suddenly comes to a sudden stop,as if like a hydraulic ram,after about 20 mins it will turn ovwer again andtry to start ,ther is ample spark,the plugs appear to be wet, i am an classic car person and do not posess the knowledge regarding these new engines,how do i decide which censor to change before i start to throw money at the car ,i do not think it it to serious a problem but? pleas can you help
regards.
bill
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 17:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

denbo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the timing first, then if its ok do a compression test. If you have a spark, and fuel/air mix, its more likely to be a mechanical fault. Do these first and come back with the results and we can move on.
Denbo
wynotinn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44    Post subject: jimny non starter. Reply with quote

thank for your sugestion will try it on tuesday,as we are going away for the weekend  till monday,
regards
bill
wynotinn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 17:04    Post subject: jimny not starting/continued saga Reply with quote

have got the engine running ,very slugish,checked timing with timing light,and it shows on tick over that it it firing at about twelve degrees after top dead centre,so how do i adjust the timing or have i got to buy a new component.
my car is a jimny jlx ,year is 2000 1298 cc .
thank you for your advice
regards,
bill
denbo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you,ve answered your question there. It would seem the belt has jumped a tooth. When i said ,check the timing, i didn,t mean ignition. Get the cover off and check the belt. If you dont know how, take it to a garage.
Denbo
wynotinn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 16:10    Post subject: denbo jimny poor running Reply with quote

Sorry to be a pest,i have taken the front cover off and the valve timing is correct ,so is it the cmp sensor or the ignition resistor ,as the ignition timing is still showing 10 to 12 degrees after tdc,the car is very slugish,the ignition resistor reads 250 and the number on the side is 5
thank you once again
bill.
denbo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it as 5deg before tdc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: