All Wheel Drive Club

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

NEWBIE WITH A VITARA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nazznazz92

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 22:21    Post subject: NEWBIE WITH A VITARA Reply with quote

Hi everybody I have just brought my first Vit, its a t reg 1.6, soft top, I payed scrap value for it so does need some work i.e. welding, but I plan to make it into a little greenlaner, I plan to start with Focus estate rear springs to get a 2.25" ish lift on the back and some spacers for the front to get a 2" lift on the front, It already has semi off road tyres on and I plan to make a DIY snorkel on it. does any body have any advice for welding up the sills??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 22:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

conrod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:17    Post subject: sill repairs Reply with quote

Hello doing the same repairs on my vitara,got 4x2 box section for scrapyard and carefully cut out the rot hopefully leaving a good edge to weld box to,my inner sill was good so clamped box to bottom edge and welded it up.This has worked on mine but it depends on how much to rot u need to cut out.You can buy the standard repair panels i found some on net.Hope this helps a bit.
nazznazz92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate I didnt even think about using box! Lol are you using a mig or arc welder?
nazznazz92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the mot failure sheet from when I brought the car;
1. Near side and off side have corrosion within 30cm of body mountings
2. offside rear floor body has excessive corrosion
3. near side front lower (in spring cup) suspension arm corroded
4. offside rear floor seat belt anchorage area is corroded

For most of these I can chop out and replace with sheet or box section and weld them in, but the front lower suspension arm is only corroded where the spring sits, is there a way I can repair this as a new arm is £80+!!

any help would be much appreciated.
nazznazz92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a 2nd hand suspension arm for £30 pound including delivery from ebay.
conrod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 22:15    Post subject: m.o.t work Reply with quote

Using mig welder.Pleased you found a cheaper part,i have'nt had mine in for test yet but knew it would fail on sills and a bit on inner wing,hope to get in for test next week Smile
nazznazz92

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done some of the work needed for the mot and Ive had a little play with the suspension and wheels, I have put focus rear springs (£20 from scrappies) in which give the toy a good lift on the back about 3 inches and I have put 1.5inch spring spaces on the front (£15 off ebay item number 121048629005)  which make it just under 3 inches, and some 2nd hand Kingpin tracker mudterrain tyres on with about 10 mm of treat cost £35 BARGIN!!! it is very capable and goes every where I have tried to go!!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

nazznazz92

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

need some help on exhaust, one of the mot failures points was incomplete exhaust, can any body tell me the diameter of the exhaust pipe as I only need about a foot of pipe to come out the back as it has been cut infront of the back axle.... I want to de-cat it aswell so if any body could tell me the diameter of the pipe it would be much appreciated.
Tallbike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your Vit has had the exact same issues as mine!! These 4U2's eh?! Rolling Eyes
31" MT tyres
Matching trailer being built from a 5 door Vit, watch this space!
nazznazz92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah seems like suzukis love to rust lol. Ah well nearly all sorted mow just the wishbone to come in the post then in for its mot. Woop
nazznazz92

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vits got its mot in the mornin. All work done by me and only cost 30quid in materials ha. When i was drivin it to the garage it was whining like a *beep* on pmt from the back end, i notiched there was some leakage from the rear diff. Would this be the culprit? If so anybody know have much fluid should be in there??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: