4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Suzuki 4x4 Club™
Dedicated to all Suzuki 4x4 Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
suzuki 4x4 club forumsSuzuki 4x4 Forums   CalendarCalendar  Suzuki 4x4 Club ShopClub Shop  Suzuki 4x4 Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
Suzuki 4x4 HomeSuzuki 4x4 Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

vitara into a 410 !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlesammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:59    Post subject: vitara into a 410 ! Reply with quote

Right folks i have a pretty solid 410 which i wasnt going to do anything to  as i have bought a vitara dog to go green laning in,and when i say dog its more like a biscuit tin with a brick in it thats been rolled down a flight of stairs!!!!

But all the mechanical bits are spot on and once im bored of it,june/july time then i think id like to put the engine into my 410 along with the great nobbly tyres and huge winch.

Now i havent a clue where to find info on doing such a conversion and would like some pointers ,a lot of them!!!!!!!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Liam
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

littlesammy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

change of plan,ive got the wheels and winch from the vit on my sj and now i WANT to do the engine conversion,can anyone tell me what i need to make it happen.

I know i need a 413 box,an adapter plate and modified engine mounts but have no clue as to what electrics need to be looked at and do i need to have an exhaust made?????

cheers

Liam
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

the exhaust manifold is the same and the electrics are the same. you quite literally lift the  vit engine out fit the adaptor plate, fit the sj flywheel and clutch on the vit engine, fit the engine mounts the fit the vit into the sj, the plumbing is as good as the same, fuel lines are in the same place, and electrics are the same. the onle issue you might have is you need to have a skinny starter motor but my vit  had one so yours might too  Very Happy if u get stuck just ask  Very Happy
littlesammy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:
the exhaust manifold is the same and the electrics are the same. you quite literally lift the  vit engine out fit the adaptor plate, fit the sj flywheel and clutch on the vit engine, fit the engine mounts the fit the vit into the sj, the plumbing is as good as the same, fuel lines are in the same place, and electrics are the same. the onle issue you might have is you need to have a skinny starter motor but my vit  had one so yours might too  Very Happy if u get stuck just ask  Very Happy

Righto sunshine,im gonna cut the engine out of my vit and have a go!!!!!

Will it fit onto a 410 box or must it be a 413????

And as for not modding it,you were right,it didnt take long!!!  Shackles and wheels so far,winch bumper ready to go on and 12000lb winch!!!

Thanks for the info Cool
me and the wife

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will fit on 410, imo the best mods are spoa, powersteering, 1.6 engine on su carb and 31/33 inch tyres then other bits like winches cage and so on.
littlesammy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:
it will fit on 410, imo the best mods are spoa, powersteering, 1.6 engine on su carb and 31/33 inch tyres then other bits like winches cage and so on.

cheers dude,will the power steering from the vit fit on my sj???

I am taking my vitara to whaddon on sunday to see how it fares before i start ripping it to bits to transform my sj.

The vitara is already set up as an off roader,body lift,suspension,winch,cage,wheels and tyres,rad in back,exhaust coming out of where the rear lights used to be,it looks like the spawn of an austin allegro and frankenseins monster!!!!

If you imagine a quality street tin with a couple of bricks in it that has been rolled down an escalator then thats what my vitara looks like,but it works!!!!
me and the wife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

the vitara pump and hydraulics will but it is best to put a jimny steering box in as it just bolts in place, however i am using a vitara box but i had to fabricate a bracket to get it to fit was easy enough to do  Very Happy
littlesammy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and the wife wrote:
the vitara pump and hydraulics will but it is best to put a jimny steering box in as it just bolts in place, however i am using a vitara box but i had to fabricate a bracket to get it to fit was easy enough to do  Very Happy

ok,cool,thanks,i think youve given me enough info to enable me to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i dont break it on sunday then ill see what i can do!!!

cheers

Liam
me and the wife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suzuki 4x4 Club™ Forum Index -> Projects & Builds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: